Friday, May 16, 2008

Brendan Breaks Through


All children, except one, grow up.
(Peter Pan, J Barrie)

When you're in your forties such a claim seems both more certain, and unlikely.

At what seems like a very late stage in life, I am about to embark on an adventure, a long time in my dreams. It seems late for me, because I'm impatient by nature.

By this time next week I shall be well on my way across the Pacific, bound for South America.

Both John and I are finally putting the doing into all the talking.

And I have Cousin Sarah to thank.

Sarah was the catalyst. Upon announcing that she was getting married, she also announced that I had a year to prepare, save and get moving.

Without that challenge, as simple and gentle as it seems, was all was needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home